GENOA: STREET FOOD TOUR - TRIP CODE: STREETFOOD
In this "Street Food Tour" in Genoa you can taste some of the following specialties (depending on the availability of the products and the premises):
- Fried calamari: Genoa is a seaside town. Fish dishes are typical, but these squid in particular will melt in your mouth.
- Genovese Focaccia: known worldwide but made to perfection only in Genoa. And not everywhere, only in the best places. You will taste one of the most appreciated by the Genoese.
- Vegetable pies: it is true, there are perhaps hundreds of vegetable pies in the world. But every country and every region has its own specialties. Try the typical Ligurian ones in a historic "Sciamadda" (fried food shop).
- Focaccia with cheese: the typical product born from the Recco tradition. On the tour you will also discover how it is done!
- Bruschetta: it is a large slice of bread made by one of the most famous bakeries in Genoa, toasted and covered with fresh and high quality ingredients, including the Genoese pesto. Simple dish, Italian and always welcome.
- Coffee and sweets: it ends with a coffee accompanied by a sweet in one of the most historic cafés in the city.
If you don't try local street food you don't really know the city!