GENOA: THE LIGURIAN TRADITION - TRIP CODE: TRADITION
On the occasion of the "Ligurian Tradition Tour" the guest will be able to taste some of these specialties (depending on the availability of the dishes and restaurants):
- Pasta with pesto: the Genoese pesto is a sauce now famous all over the world, but only in Genoa do you eat the real pesto, made with the basil of Prà. A dish not to be missed.
- Pansoti with walnut sauce: a pasta filled with vegetables with a delicious cream and walnut sauce. For the most demanding.
- Genoese focaccia: you'll try the best in Genoa
- Savory pies: the famous Ligurian cakes like pasqualina, meatloaf and rice cake
- Fried calamari: Genoa is a port city, with a long tradition of cooking fish. The fried squid that you will taste melt in your mouth from what is tender and masterfully fried.
- Stockfish: country that goes, stockfish that you find. Even Genoa has its tradition that wants it accommodated, with pine nuts, Taggiasca olives and potatoes.
- Anchovies: freshly caught in the Ligurian Sea, a few km from Genoa, they are one of the main fish of our tradition.
- Frisceu: round pancakes with small pieces of vegetables inside. Perfect as an appetizer, aperitif and together with a nice glass of prosecco.
- Coffee: like any self-respecting meal you end up with coffee. One of the best in the city is guaranteed, not to mention the location!