TOUR: LA SPEZIA GOURMET WITH A LOCAL ONE - TRIP CODE: GOURMET
La Spezia is the ideal starting point for visiting Cinque Terre and other wonderful places like Portovenere or Pisa, which boasts a culinary tradition with Ligurian and Tuscan influences.
The gastronomic tour is the ideal solution to discover the city in an unusual and fun way, enjoying all the best typical and "street" specialties.
This gastronomic tour represents the occasion to taste the delicacies of the territory. It is a traveling tour, each course is served in a different venue. Stroll through the pedestrian streets of the city center, enjoying the local specialties and trying to learn about its history and preparation secrets.
It is a proposal to experience La Spezia in one day: discovering the city in the most fun way!
We always choose the best dishes, with the aim of making you know the tradition of La Spezia and making you live a unique culinary experience.
Along the gastronomic tour, you can sample some of the following specialties (depending on the availability of the dishes and restaurants):
- Sgabei and Frisceu: leavened and fried bread dough, enjoyed simple or stuffed with cheese and sliced and round pancakes with small pieces of vegetables inside.
- Mesciua: typically La Spezia dish, it is a soup of legumes and cereals that is still prepared in the La Spezia families.
- Testaroli or Panigacci: "disks" of flour, water and salt in terracotta hot pots (texts), boiled and served with pesto, mushroom sauce and oil and Parmesan (testaroli) or baked in the oven and accompanied with salami and cheese (panigacci).
- Fish fry: fresh fish from the Ligurian Sea prepared by the fishermen themselves.
- Farinata: baked in liquid form, it is a mix of chickpea oil and flour. The good one is thin and crunchy on the surface but soft underneath.
- Homemade ice cream or other typical dessert: among the best in La Spezia and strictly handmade!
You already have your mouth watering, right?